If you hurry you can still apply for the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program. The deadline for applications from Ontario is 5pm EDT on June 9, 2015.
Organizations eligible to apply for funding under the Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program include:
- a municipal or regional government established by or under provincial statute;
- a band council or an Aboriginal government authority established by a Self-Government Agreement or a Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement;
- an incorporated not-for-profit organization;
- a provincial entity that provides municipal-type infrastructure services to communities, as defined by provincial statute; and
- a public-sector body that is established by or under provincial statute or by regulation or is wholly owned by a province, municipal or regional government which provides municipal-type infrastructure services to communities.
Eligible projects will be for the rehabilitation or improvement, including expansion, of existing infrastructure for public use or benefit that:
- provides long-term benefits to a community, will be viewed with pride by a community and leave a meaningful lasting legacy resulting from Canada 150 Community Infrastructure Program; such as parks; play equipment; shade structures; shelters
- is non-commercial in nature, open for use to the public and is not limited to a private membership; and,
- can be completed by March 31, 2018.
In Northern Ontario, preference will be given to projects that are construction ready, and can be materially (substantially) completed by December 31, 2017. You can call 1-877-333-6673 to discuss your proposal with a FedNor Officer in your area or begin your application process.
In Southern Ontario, applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online at www.FedDevOntario.gc.ca/CIP150. If you are unable to access or submit your application online, please call the toll-free line at 1-866-593-5505.